The Operations Center, a self-sufficient center, is designed to provide uninterrupted communications and the dissemination of operational data to ensure seamless operation during a flood emergency.
The center is the heart of the city’s flood and weather monitoring network.
The network is an integrated system of:
• Computerized river/stream telemetry
• Pumping station telemetry
• Satellite reception of weather and river forecast data
• Hurricane tracking
• River Ice observation and reporting
• Field monitoring by personnel
The network provides system operators with most accurate and real-time information available on which to base critical operational decisions during an emergency.